Castle Donington Baptist Church has had a witness in Castle Donington dating back to 1750. The Baptist Chapel was erected in 1774 with a seating capacity of about 100 - 200 in Bond Gate. Numbers initially were consistent with the trends of the day during the next 200 plus years.
In 2006 The Chapel, as it had become widely known as, closed due to heavy upkeep costs. Eventually the building was sold and is currently a house.
At the time of the Chapel closure the Fellowship had been meeting in a local school - Orchard Primary in Grange Drive, using the school's assembly hall for Sunday worship.
Numbers continued to decline until only a very small number of members remained, although there were others who attended fairly regularly.
In early 2014 it was suggested that the Fellowship be 'wound up' and that members seek to worship elsewhere. This was rejected by the members. We continue to worship Sunday by Sunday in the School and recently have seen a number of people join us with skills both spiritual and technical. Although growing, we are still small in number, but as one person summed us up - 'we are big in heart and love'.